Pages

11 Sept 2014

Pectoral Sandpiper, Red-necked Phalarope & Spotted Redshanks!

I'd planned to go to Burton Mere Wetlands RSPB straight from work last night with the camera. Knowing the light would be good from the old Inner marsh farm hide and knowing the Red-necked Phalarope and Pectoral Sandpiper were still showing from this hide I was hopeful of better photographs.

As it happened events conspired against me and it was just after 18.00 that I got to the car park and later still by the time I'd yomped the 15 minutes to the old hide. By now the light was beginning to fade as the sun set behind us but the birds showed reasonably closely allowing for some better photographs than I'd previously managed.

Firstly the Pectoral Sandpiper:





Next the Red-necked Phalarope. Really difficult to photograph as its so small and constantly moving:




Then the Spotted - Redshanks!





A brilliant evening capped off by watching the Great-white Egret and Cattle Egret flying into roost with Little Egrets by the mere.

No comments :